Canada ranks among the top ten (10) tourist destinations. Over 35 million people travel to Canada each year, to enjoy the many opportunities the country has to offer, or to visit family and friends … …
To visit Canada, you must:
- have a valid travel document, such as a passport;
- to be in a good health;
- convince an immigration officer that you will return to your country of origin because of your ties there, such as a job, financial assets, family or property;
- convince an immigration officer that you will leave Canada at the end of your visit;
- have enough money for your stay. The amount required varies depending on the circumstances of your visit, the length of your stay and where you will be staying (at the hotel or with relatives or friends).
You might also need:
- a temporary resident (visitor) visa, depending on your citizenship;
- a medical examination;
- a letter of invitation from a person residing in Canada;
- insurance for your medical expenses, if applicable.
As a general rule, tourists are admitted for a period of six months. Extensions can be granted on request while you are in Canada.